Thursday, December 10, 2009

Haunted Book Review Thursday

It's been awhile hasn't it?  Let's crank back up with a book given to me by another blogger weic? and his great blog when is evil cool?.  It's one that I know will have worn covers...


Halloween Vintage Holiday Graphics
Edited by Jim Heimann

  I'm old school Hallowe'en, and happily so.  My memories of Hallowe'ens past keeps the passion alive in me.  I'm constantly searching for items from my youth or beyond that brings back those innocent fun days of Hallowe'en fun and this book helps.
Besides the brief forward, this book has no text aside from incidental text from copies of vintage cards or advertisements in the book. Lavish illustrations of Hallowe'en iconography from the turn of the 19th century to the 70's is displayed throughout.  There's no rhyme or reason or order, just page after page of vintage products, cards, photographs, costumes, decorations from an era unfortunately past.  Although there's no how-to's, commentary or instruction, this book is a wonderful romp through the days when everything was a little slower and simpler.  This is a truly fun book if you like vintage graphics as I do.

3 comments:

The Captain said...

I have looked at this several times on Amazon.com and wondered if it was worth buying, I now know it is. Ps I like your clock

wiec? said...

glad you liked it!!

as i said before it's hard to shop for a Halloween maven who has everything.

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Ah, I love the book reivews!! Thanks, do not have this book. I think it is going to go on my Christmas list!!

Cheers!