Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Haunted Book Review Thursday



Halloween Tricks and Treats


Author: Matthew Mead

It's hard to tell whether this is a book or a magazine, but at 11.99, it's definately a book to me at that price.

Three words, Martha Stewart Wannabe, without the cult following, or the staff of 350, or the multibillion dollar empire, or the smart&^$$ daughter with her own show making fun of Mom. I looked at this book for weeks at Hobby Lobby last October and that's unusual for me since I make it a habit to swoop down on any Hallowe'en book. I usually can find some sort of inspiration, some sort of redeeming quality that will keep me from saying the fateful word...

Bla.

That's all I have to say. Bla. No redeeming hint of an idea, no matter how I tried, nothing to ignite the home fires of Hallowe'en, nothing to spurn on the dark muses that whisper mystical ideas in my ear. Just bla. There was one project that was kind of cool, but it's for someone who has mastered the art of 'sculpting wool roving'. What the %$#@??? I really can't find too much to say about this book; it's the color beige in a paint store, bla.

If you dot your i's with a little heart or spell cute with a k, you would probably love this book. For the rest of us that keep looking for coagulated blood recipes and how to make entrails glisten in the moonlight, this book is of little use to us.

And while I'm at it, I went to Michael's today to look at their Hallowe'en stuff, such that it was, and I give them the same review as I give this book...

Bla.

And you thought that I couldn't be a b&%#$.

4 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

LOL! Great review. Thanks for the sense of humor.....and more importantly, saving me $12!!!

Cheers!

Ghoul Friday said...

It's a pretty crappy magazine. I picked it up on 3 occasions last year and flipped through it, but each time it was still filled with suck. At least for people who've been around a while in the Halloween scene.

The Captain said...

Just look at the cover, it screams "LAME!"

PumpkinBrain said...

Thanks for the review. I never happen to took a look at this magazine. Now I'm sure I will never do!