Monday, December 15, 2008

Back Home-with horrible realizations on my life!

I know I haven't really been blogging too much about Hallowe'en-y stuff lately but being bombarded by the Christmas season kind of makes it hard.
First of all, Tennessee is a beautiful state, I definately could live there. The people are friendly and the landscape is so gorgeous. I went to a trade school in Chuckie Tennessee years ago and woke up to mountains, crisp mountain air and a beautiful drive each day. I've been from Memphis to Johnson City and in between and I love Tennessee. But the family and my life is here in Alabama so I will have to be happy where I am. Made it home in just about record time yesterday (Mrs. Macabre drove like a bat out of %$#@& for the most part) and we spent the better part of the afternoon unpacking. The children (we have 7 cats) were apathetic to see us (except for Albert who thinks he's a slobbering labrador retriever and promptly demanded to be loved). After unloading, the horrible realization crept over me, something so bone chilling that it froze my blood...
I had gone to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg and all I had to show for it was new dinnerware and kitchen gadgets that we needed. What happened to me?! My dear lord, I've become pragmatic! I bought blue jeans, a pair of shoes, a dress shirt and dishes! Where are the trashy souveniers that I would have had no use for?! Where are the boxes of Mountain Taffy that made my stomach ache looking at them because I had eaten so much?! Where is the little moonshine jug that was a bank with XXX on it?! Mr. Macabre, where did you go?!!
Just kidding but I was a little surprised to find that I didn't have a suitcase full of junk. The only thing that I brought back was a beautiful quartz candle holder but I'm giving it to Sausage Von Trapp for her birthday and for taking care of the cats for us.
I usually come back somewhat depressed because of post vacation blues but I came up with an idea coming back that is unique and marketable and would allow me to be creative. I can't really say what it is yet because someone might beat me to to the punch but I can say that it is very Hallowe'en-y and pretty #%$*&@ cool. I've been trying to come up with something to supplement the household income since my industry (interior design) is hard hit by the &$#%^@ recession, but luckily Mrs. Macabre does insurance and it's going through the roof. I feel deeply for those people who are suffering through this bad economy.
Blessings and peace to you all in this season, and throughout the year.

Next blog...let's rant a bit!

No comments: