Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Quickie Movie Review

No, this doesn't have to do with Hallowe'en or props or a disemboweled zombie chewing the top of your skull off but it does involve blogging, something near and dear to my heart and fingers.
Go see Julie and Julia. I saw it last night and it was fun, charming and left you feeling good and saying 'awwwwwwww' when you left the theatre. It is also inspirational since Julie is a blogger (this movie is a combination based on 2 true stories, the life of Julia Child and Julie Powell, the former you are probably familiar with, the latter, a cubical rat who has no purpose or direction in her life until her husband suggests she start blogging. She undertakes an ambitious task...prepare every recipe in Julia Child's cookbook "Mastering the Art of French Cooking": 541 recipes in one year while blogging about her experiences and life along the journey. 541 recipes in 365 days, she's a better woman than I am! Meryl Streep is flawless, the whole cast and settings are flawless, and although I am not inspired to start pulling out the pots and pans quite yet (maybe the box of Raisin Bran), it does give me a renewed passion for blogging and hopefully providing you, my kind and gentle readers, something from time to time that might enrich and bring a bit of happiness to your lives.

Three words...it's worth seeing.

3 comments:

suzanne said...

Saw it last night. Great movie :D

Whitney Josephine said...

I definitely need to get around to seeing this! Both leading ladies make my heart flutter.

Elle said...

That movie was so fantastic!!! I want so badly to read the book now! And take on some kind of similar task...