Sunday Stealing: The 29'er Meme
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
My storage unit bill, like rent, you don't have anything tangible to show for your money.
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
Lessee, ummm, probably, uh no, it had to be...no, that's not it...Longhorn Steak House I guess
3. How many colleges did you attend?
Two, a junior college and a university. And a trade school
4. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
I'm having lunch with my folks and skulls would definitely be frowned upon.
5. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
*&^%$#@!!!! Awake at 5 on a Sunday!!!!!
6. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
Dang I ate too much, I probably won't sleep good.
7. What do you miss about being a child?
Being naive and trusting.
8. What errand/chore do you despise?
Dusting and cleaning the bathroom. Loathe it.
9. Have you found real love yet?
I think so :)
10. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
Besides a headache, usually a drink.
11. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
No, I think that it is taken way too casually though.
12. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
Dead--Benjamin Franklin or Nicholas Tesla (my two heroes) Alive--Martha Stewart
13. Ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
Yes, back when I was learning how to cook I put ALL the cake batter in one pan because it fit so nicely. Batter rises, and burns on hot elements.
14. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go?
Would like to visit Disneyland.
15. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
A new career
16. Do you have a “go to” person?
Sausage Von Trapp, she seems to put things in perspective for me sometimes
17. Are you where you want to be in life?
No, but after many many years, I'm making the moves to go there!
18. Over the years, what about you do you think has changed the most?
I am learning to 'get it' when it comes to life. The more you give the more you get, kindness begets kindness, money isn't everything sort of stuff.
19. Looking back at high school were they the best years of your life?
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I was terrorized by rednecks and my friends were the only thing keeping me going!
20. Are there times you still feel like a kid?
Every single day.
21. Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager?
We used to hang out at Ms. M's house. We would make nachos and drink Dr. Pepper and laugh and talk. It was great!
22. Who do you think impacted your life the most?
Ms. M. Without a doubt. She has shaped me over the years to stretch myself beyond what I thought I could do and be more.
23. Was there a teacher or authority figure that stood out for you?
A chemistry teacher in high school met with me every morning to help me not flunk her class. She also wrote on my paper, 'never put yourself down, people will do that for you for the rest of your life'.
24. Do you tell stories that start with “when I was your age”?
Absolutely not. I will say, 'it used to be that....'
25. What is the scariest thing that has happened to you as an adult?
Realizing that my folks were human and didn't have all the answers.
26. What advice would you give to someone about to get married?
Long, long engagement. Go into marriage with the mindset of never getting out of it and realizing that marriage is about giving, not taking.
27. What advice would you give someone starting their first job?
Do your job the best you can. And if you can't do that, find something else.
28. If you could go back and change one thing you did, what would it be?
I would have gotten an art degree instead of an interior design degree.
29. If you could go back and change one thing someone else did, what would it be?
Hmmmmmm, I don't really know.