Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Haunted Coffin Cam Mechanism

I have tried cam mechanisms before without much luck but I guess I hit the jackpot this time. This is the mechanism for my haunted coffin, a new prop for 2009, it's like the coffin in the Haunted Mansion at Disney, looking like some guy's trying to get out.



Going to build a Styrofoam coffin to use and faux paint it as wood instead of using my heavy-as-lead wooden one that I over engineered to the max (weighs about 90 pounds, what was I thinking?!).

6 comments:

PumpkinBrain said...

I hope you will have fun building your coffin. I made mine with a 1" wooden frame and some lightweight lauan plywood. I would say it weights no more than 40 pounds. Anyway, I found mine complicated to build. I'm sure it's easier to build one with styrofoam. I don't think I would have the patience to build another coffin like the one I did another time :-)

The Captain said...

That's awesome! And I guess I just figured out what you were cutting.

Carrie Mae said...

Great soundtrack!!! :)

Mr. Macabre said...

The soundtrack is the background music to the graveyard in the Haunted Mansion ride, looped. It's the background music for this year's graveyard.

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

We love our new foam coffins. We replaced our wooden ones last year - we got a lot of comments on them.....and I can lift one up all by myself :)

Mr. Macabre said...

I'm looking forward to making them, something more portable that won't tear my lower back to shreds would be nice!