Friday, January 2, 2009

My Andy Warhol 3 Minutes of Fame (or Infamy)

I wasn't going to post pictures of myself to add to an air of mystery to myself but if I confess to joining Weight Watchers, how more personal can you get?

I was one of the haunts that Fearnet.com chose to feature on their Route 666 project two years ago. I've been a member of the Halloween-L list for several years (albeit mostly a lurker) and each year we submit a video of our haunt that is compiled into a DVD set so we can see what everyone else is doing. The kind gentleman who does the compilation sent a set to Fearnet and they contacted me as one of the haunts they would like to feature. It was an honor to say the least.

The filming was done by a local guy who, surprisingly, freelances for National Geographic, Discovery Channel, and lots of other well known companies. He was exceptionally nice and visits every year to see the yard. The crew was there about 5 to 6 hours constantly filming, it was about 300 degrees outside (we filmed early September), and we did take after take after take. I would have benefited from my two girlfriends being there, Tequila and Margarita since they have a tendency to relax me a bit. Except for my Southern drawwwwwwwwwwl and the fact that they didn't give me any sort of idea what to do or a script, I think it came out pretty OK.

Click Here for The Final UnResting Place.

Oh yeah, the pinup girl camp shirt was made by my sweet next door neighbor for this. I was going to go all Victorian with the ruffled shirt, top hat, long frock coat and high boots but I opted for comfort instead since heat stroke isn't my thing.

And I think Danielle Harris is perhaps one of the prettiest scream queens around.

6 comments:

Ruthie said...

Oh you make me miss the house we used to rent! We had a haunted maze for 2 years and the neighbors loved it.

Someday, I will have that again.

Your haunted yard looks spooktacular!

Mr. Macabre said...

Thank you so very much for saying that the yard looked good. It's a labor of love (sometimes it's just a labor though). I've got the raw video of this year but haven't put it into a complete movie yet.

The Captain said...

That’s too cool! I had seen your video before, but didn't connect it to you. Your yard looked great, you know me I love the skeletons! In a normal Halloween type of way, not in a bizarre unnatural type of way.
You are right, Danielle’s pretty hot!

Mr. Macabre said...

Oh yeah, that's me! I have a skeleton thing too, I keep Bob hanging in the bedroom all year long. Mrs. Macabre doesn't appreciate him being there but Bob and I were together long before we were!

Diane said...

i've seen you before too! you do an awesome job!
and i love the shirt!

Mr. Macabre said...

Wow, thank you so much! The shirt is one of my favorites too, although I really can only wear it during the month of October due to more than usual strange looks from folks :))