Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Ghosts of Hallowe'en Parties Past...

Mr. Macabre and dear friend at a kickin' Hallowe'en party years ago.  There is/was this really goth vampire guy in New Orleans named Chaz that gave ghost and vampire tours and I loosely modeled my outfit from him.  The nails were super-glued on...I had to soak my hands in acetone for about an hour to get them off.

Memo to self...super glue works too well on fake nails.

This is Chaz.  If you go to New Orleans, do NOT take any other ghost or vampire tour but his...there is no other.  The guy is unbelievable!

4 comments:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Aw...you look great! Love those nails, but superglue? Eeegads Man! I think you gave Lord Chaz a run for his money. But I'll definitely remember his name if we make it to New Orleans. I've been dying to go for years, but was afraid it wasn't the same after Katrina. :o(

suzanne said...

Great blast from the past. And I'm making a mental note in case I ever find myself in New Orleans. And a second mental note about the glue. :D

The Captain said...

OK, how is no one asking about the hair that looks like it could possibly be yours???

I am actually going back to NO in about a week and a half. I'm going to do a web search to find Chaz.

Wendy, don't even worry about Katrina. The French Quarter, Garden District, Faubourg Marigny, and everwhere you'd want to visit is still there and they're waiting for you to come visit. It is my favorite city in the world that I've been too only once!

Mr. Macabre said...

I've been to N'awlins many times but not since Katrina sadly. I usually like to go in April or May before it gets so hot (ain't no hot like N'awlins hot in the summer!). I miss it a lot! Eat some Aunt Sally's pralines and a beignet (or ten in my case) for me Captain!

And those were clip on hair extensions...also great for a quick and easy mullet when I go to the Wal Marts here to blend in with the natives!