Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Something talented this way comes...

It started with this fellow...



Now it has spread to this...


And another is on the way.  For those that may not know her, please allow me to introduce to you Shell of Shellhawk's Nest.  If you don't follow her blog, then you should, you're missing a LOT.  First of all, she's a regular on Hauntcast (if you don't know what Hauntcast is, it's a podcast of nothing but Halloween tips, tricks and instruction on how to make a first rate haunt and profiles the brilliant evil geniuses that spend their lives for one night each year.  If you don't know what a podcast is, I can't help you).  Second, her blog is always entertaining, informative and fun, (although her new banner makes me envious!).  Third...she's an artist and that's what this is all about...these pumpkins are hers and now they're mine!  The top one is raku, which is a glazing technique that can give organic, metallic colors that are very beautiful and from what I understand, is a bit time consuming to execute.  The bottom is a wonderful traditional design like what I grew up with (he makes me nostalgic, that's why I had to have him) in glossy pumpkin orange.  I love them both, they put me in the mood.


Link to her Etsy site (what the $#@% is an Etsy anyhow?! And while we're at it, what the &*%@ is an EBay?! Electronic tsy?  Electronic Bay?!  Whaaaaaaat?!?!?!)

Be on the lookout for more designs and larger sizes coming up!

5 comments:

Damian Michael AKA HalloweeNut said...

Those are very, very cool!

ShellHawk said...

Thanks, you! Your latest pumpkin is getting shipped today!

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Those Jacks are swell! Of course, I've never met a Jack I didn't love! ;o)

Pam Morris said...

well, I guess you're ahead of me mr. macabre--I only have 2 of her wonderful pumpkins but I'm eyeballing a third...and yes, she has a terrific blog and I, too, am jealous of her new set-up...very cool indeed!

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Shellhawk is the bestest!!! :D

(And she is super cute too.)

Cheers!