Thursday, February 18, 2010

Haunted Book Review Thursday


Just Imagine Halloween-The Best Halloween and Fall Decor, Spooky Tabletops, Party Tricks and Treats, Collecting the Past

Created By Christopher James
 
For a Halloween book that I haven't heard of before, this one is a wonderful surprise (I found my copy on Amazon).  Hardbound in full color throughout with gorgeous pictures, this book has something that is lacking in a large amount of Halloween books on the market...originality and fresh new ideas.  Combining a wonderful dose of the history of Halloween through decorations and collectibles, Mr. James does a wonderful job providing an overview of lesser collected items as record jackets, cookie cutters, ceramics and commercial advertisements.

The recipe section contains some truly disgusting (albeit tasty) concoctions as well as some new ones I haven't seen before through my 50+ books on Halloween.  The craft section may be a little on the cute side for some tastes but do not be deterred from this, there are many elegant and decidedly grown-up ideas within the pages that should spurn on many ideas.

Bottom line...buy this book, it's worth every penny.  It's beautiful, informative, unique and most of all, one of those books that will put you in the wonderfully dark orange and black spirit at any time of the year.

9 comments:

Michelle | UPrinting said...

Looks like a good book, real spooky. Although it's not halloween, I guess everyday is halloween here :)

suzanne said...

You find the most interesting books. I'll have to start tracking these down :)

Mr. Macabre said...

This one's kind of hard to find but worth it. It might be self-published but I did get an autographed copy by Mr. James without even asking, which was very nice.

PumpkinBrain said...

Looks like an interesting book. I would love to be put back in the wonderful dark orange and black spirit, actually, I need it.

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Since I have started reading your blog, I need bigger book case! :)

Thanks as always for sharing...I love your reviews.

Cheers!

AllHallowSteve said...

Haven't seen this one, but will definitely look for it. Thanks for the review!

ShellHawk said...

Psst! There's an award for you at my blog!

Viktoria said...

Mr. Macabre....Under your skull clock, shouldn't it say, "How many have TRODDEN upon hallowed ground since........?" I enjoy your blog so much!

Mr. Macabre said...

Viktoria, thank you so much for spotting my grammar faux pas. I personally like the word 'trodden' much better anyhow.

And thank you so much for your kind words, I appreciate them very much!