Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas shenanigans and a new tradition is born

Sausage Von Trapp and I exchanged ornaments for Christmas this year.  We went to our local ceramic paint-a-plate studio and made an ornament for the other one but we didn't show each other what we were working on until today when they came out of the kiln and were finished.

Mine to her

Christmas Drives Me Crazy!

 
And her's to me, that's her alter-ego, Cheesecake Charlene, chawing on a chicken leg.



I then had an eyeball laying around my van and decided to desecrate Sausage's sweet Advent calendar door thingy (what the %$#@ is that thing called?  an advent box, a Christmas cabinet?)
 


A quick little story and the 21st of December will not be the same.

*UPDATE* just got a text that the Christmas eyeball will be a tradition in the Von Trapp household.  We are going to do the ornament thing each year because it was so fun.  You might want to think about it too!

3 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Oh my! That is probably the coolest thing I have seen!! You guys are so talented and clever!! :D

Love it!

Cheers!

suzanne said...

What a great idea! And I like the ornaments too :)

Old Fashion Halloween said...

Oh...I want an advent eyeball!