Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Dang, it's been 5 years.

My how time flies when you're having fu.....

It's been a lot of things but fun definitely hasn't been one of them.  As you can see from my previous post, I have been recently fired and that was going to be the start of a new blog as my new life as a househusband.

But you know, I can't stay away from Hallowe'en.  It's my passion, my life and it actually gets my sorry rear out of bed a lot of days so I owe it to Hallowe'en and myself to keep this continuing.  Is blogging a thing anymore?  Is it all Tumblr and Instagram and Facebook now?   I have no idea. I hope that there are some of you still out there.

During my length of absence, I had (failed) back surgery (4 screws and 3 rods plus a synthetic disk), we adopted a kid (a boy who just had his 12th birthday), was a manager of a health food restaurant, and got fired from a company out of retaliation for reporting harassment, and a couple of other things. Probably something else in there I did but that's the highlights. I haven't decorated much at all since 2011; I couldn't lift more than 10 pounds without excruciating pain so I let it all slide.  And while it slid, I slid with it.  It actually felt like a piece of my soul was gone, and yeah, I know that sounds hokey but it is true.  Hallowe'en was and is a part of me.

                                    Old, Gay and Gray

When you look into the mirror and the person on the other side looks like a FaceApp pic, you know you're in deep poo poo.  I have to tell people that mentally, I am about 22, physically, it feels like 104 1/2.   After I was fired, I was pretty (very) depressed, I felt like a failure so I did what any rational, logical person would do...I pulled out my Tarot deck.

Never really gave much credence in Tarot until I had a reading from a voodoo priestess in New Orleans and except for one or two small things, she nailed it. I have always been somewhat (very) interested in the occult, I have seen and experienced a LOT of weird stuff that can only be defined as paranormal.  Whether the Tarot is paranormal or a good way to gain insight in yourself by what you read into in a draw of some cards, I don't know but it works for me.

This was my very first spread and it said this: 
Inverted XIII swords:  I have been limiting myself in my creativity and not cutting myself enough slack
Upright queen of swords:  I need to get my butt in gear and focus.  There is someone nearby that is going to be helping you on a new endeavor and you need to remain clear and focused. (This one is eerily correct)\
Upright VII Pentacles:  In the long term, there will be fruit to the labors what I am doing.  Just persevere and everything will work out.

Daaaaaaaang, right on the money.  I suddenly felt better.  I had hope again.  

I was by myself one night last week and I decided to ask a pointed question: Where am I right now?  I shuffled the deck 3 times and cut them and drew the card....
Wow.
The Fool.
To those unfamiliar with the Tarot, this is a very important card, the first in the deck.  This one said to me that I'm starting over, I'm on a new adventure and basically today is the first day of the rest of your new life. 

I'll take that any day....







2 comments:

ShellHawk said...

The Fool, to me, is the very epitome of faith. The Youth is looking at the glory of the day, but is about to take a header over the cliff--- BUUUUUUUUT
Another reading of it is to take the Leap of Faith and you'll be borne up on the wings of angels. The White Dog who frolics alongside the Youth is a representation of God, or the Divine Hand which lifts us up when we're at our lowest. I'd say you're beeng watched out for, my friend!

Mr. Macabre said...

I so appreciate your interpretation! I was really nervous about getting X of swords or something LOL! I keep up with your adventures on Facebook btw and thanks to people like you, I know everything’s going to be ok.