Friday, October 5, 2012

My Scarecrow Scare...Scary @$$ Alabama Style!


I actually thought of Rot while doing this.
Whilst driving around at work today in the middle of $%^@ Alabama, I happen across this scarecrow.  It's not a Hallowe'en decoration, it's a real working scarecrow.  I go to my next appointment and return the way I came with intention of getting some pictures, which I did.  I park across the street (it's in the middle of NOWHERE), get out looking very threatening with my cargo shorts and plaid shirt and sneakers and start getting some good shots. While getting my close up of the scarecrow, I see movement from the corner of my eye, an ancient old farmer is yelling, waving his cane and SICCING HIS TWO BIG DOGS ON ME (yes that's the way it's spelled, I looked it up)!!!

Let's see, what's the appropriate response, oh yes...$#!+!!!!!!!

 I hightailed it back, running across the road praying that there were no cars coming because I did NOT look and made a dive back into my big ugly van.  I rammed it in drive and hoped the old coot didn't get my tag number (which I doubt he did, he was too far to see it).

It's like he was happy to be recognized.
This is one scary scarecrow!  I'm sure I heard banjos while I was taking pictures!
I LOVE this shot! If I were less of a man, I would have stolen that skull for my collection!
Bye buddy, you're going to be a hit on my blog!
Yeah, I'd do it again!

6 comments:

Rook Wilder said...

What were you doing in Alabama?

Mr. Macabre said...

Unfortunately, I live here. I affectionately call it Alabama: the state of ignorance, boredom, stupidity, you get the picture.

I try to make the best of it tho, people think I'm a weirdo and I make sure never to disappoint! :)

Rook Wilder said...

I grew up in Bama, myself.

Mr. Macabre said...

Really? Where did you grow up? I'm in Tuscaloosa.

The Gill-Man said...

Ah, that IS scary! I've made my way across Alabama a few times, as my folks moved to Georgia a few years back...and it's kind of on the way there from Texas. Most of it seems fine, but there are a few backwoods places where you see things like this....yeah, you're a braver man than I! In my mind, I picture you narrowly escaping from that farmer, who planned to turn you into chili!

We've got more than a few spots here in Texas like that...I mean, there is a reason they set a film series about chainsaw massacres here (well, that and the fact that the Wisconsin Chainsaw Massacre just doesn't have the same ring to it).

In all seriousness, very cool pics bro! Nice and creepy!

Rook Wilder said...

Warrior, just north of Gardendale, there Mr. Mac. I also lived in Huntsville for about 2.5 years a few years ago.