Saturday, March 17, 2012

Not So Sure....

I admit it, I'm a vampire aficionado.  And a Depp aficionado.  And a Burton aficionado.  And the word aficionado aficionado.  But this...I'm trying not to pass judgement as yet.  I was very excited for the first 30 seconds of the trailer but when Barnabas is brushing his fangs, that more or less lost it for me.  A comedy?!  They have made my beloved Dark Shadows in which I would peek over the sofa to watch because I was too scared to sit in front of the TV to watch into a comedy?  I will definitely go see it but will NOT be happy if it turns out to be a bunch of cheap jokes.  Oh well, I need to be rich so I can remake it myself and do it right.

Yesterday my body crashed.  I started feeling cruddy around 2 and started running a fever.  Joint pain, chills, muscle aches, headache, I thought I had the flu.  Still went to get my hair cut but felt like crap.  Went to bed at 6 and got a call-in for Tamiflu.  Tamiflu didn't touch it.  For 75.00 it should have at least made me high or something as a consolation prize!  Went to the doc in the box today and she found the trouble...massive sinus infection.  Thank goodness, I didn't have the....wait a minute, I still feel like crap and spent 75.00 on medicine that I didn't need.   After 70.00 more in copays and more drugs, I'm feeling better, except my rump.  The nurse gave me 2 shots, a steroid and a high powered antibiotic.  Why did she have to say "This one is going to sting, it's really thick".   I have a high pain threshold but dannnnng, I was easing into the car seat very slowly.

Going to the doctor, I saw the coolest thing I have seen in a while and I have a purpose now.  A bald headed bearded guy with lots of tats was driving an old beat up black Lincoln hearse with racing flames on it.  Oh yes, I will find this guy and this wonderful vehicle and have my picture taken with it.   I didn't know that there was anyone THAT cool in this town (besides me, of course).
Redneck hearse....cool, I could be taken to the cemetery in that just fine!


Nice but still, I like the tractor tires hearse.

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
Hold on, I can only go once, I love this Bram Stoker's Dracula hearse too!  No fair!
NO NO NO ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!  I REFUSE TO BE CARRIED IN A SOCCER MOM HEARSE!

4 comments:

Justine’s Halloween said...

I like the Bram Stoker's Dracula hearse best. It looks like something out of a cartoon! So, the coffin is visible through those columns in the back? It sort of resembles the Munsters' car.

Jeanne said...

Love those Hearses! :0)
There is going to be a Hearse-Con here in Denver in June that I'm anxious to see. Should be awesome! My Fav is the Dracula Hearse. :0)

The Captain said...

I'm feeling the same way about the trailer. It looks very tongue in cheek.

That purple hearse is bad ass!

Stephanie D said...

Purple Hearse! Made just for me!