Thursday, April 28, 2011

Destruction, Devastation, Decimation

You have no doubt by now been inundated by news of the town Tuscaloosa, Alabama. I live in Northport, a suburb of Tuscaloosa, less than 5 miles from the tornado path that ripped the city to pieces. Parts are unrecognizable even to someone like me who has lived here all my life. We never lost power but estimates of more than half people are in the dark here tonight. We were lucky/fortunate/exceedingly blessed.




Please send thoughts and prayers to those that have lost loved ones, homes, livelihoods, and possessions. Thanks.

4 comments:

J.E. Bolton said...

Most certainly. I'm sending healing thoughts and prayers for that area. I'm thankful you all were safe.

Tay's Mache said...

Praying! So glad it did not come your way. This storm season has been crazy. I live in Madisonville, Ky and there was a touch down of a tornado northeast of where I am the other night. I was in the movie theater watching the new Tyler Perry movie and they asked us all to get in the hallways. Freaked me out. I am deathly afraid of tornadoes, them being on my #1 fear list. I couldn't imagine being in one. I cry just thinking about it.

Pam Morris said...

so glad to hear you are ok--what a terrifying and heartbreaking experience--sending many good thoughts and hopes to you and all those who were affected by this horrific and devastating act of nature.

cindy said...

oh my. what scary stuff....glad you are all ok.